Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to reality...

I've had a pretty good little vacation from work. It started off pretty well on Friday afternoon (with my daughter's shoes coming) and ended pretty well today, as I spent the better part of the day working on my scrapbook. This morning I went to school (actually, both that I am enrolled in) and signed up for the second summer session that starts on Thursday. I have a lot on my plate for the rest of the summer, between two jobs and school, therapy and physical therapy (for my ankle/foot), but I think it will do me some good. I feel overwhelmed thinking about it, but I know I can do it. I'll be happy once it's over, and I won't get there unless I put myself through it now (school, that is). Sometimes I let my thoughts catch up to me and I think, "what will I do if I'm in the middle of class, or work, and a sudden and all-too-realistic thought of my daughter hits me?" Because at times, those sudden flashbacks or bouts of curiosity hit me and they can be crippling. On the other hand, though, what am I going to do? Sit around and be depressed constantly thinking about her and missing her just because I'm too scared to go out and face the real world for fear that I may suddenly be reminded of her? I don't think it's even possible for me to be "reminded" of her; she never leaves my side in my mind.

Last night we went and saw the fireworks on the esplanade. We didn't actually go to the esplanade but watched them from one of the nearby parking lots where it was much less crowded. I have always been partial to fireworks, I think they're so beautiful and always a good opportunity for a nice photo!

Okay, I've been staring at this little black vertical line flashing in my face for almost a minute and a half now, so I guess I don't have much to say tonight. Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment